Justin C. Walker wrote:
> Hi, all,
>
> When using the Notebook interface on Mac OS X, I find that once the
> cells have filled the visible part of a web page, the notebook becomes
> somewhat difficult to deal with.  Specifically, if I have an
> @interact, and modify the slider, the content of the page shifts down,
> obscuring the output of the @interact.  The amount of shifting seems
> to depend on the amount of other cell space below the @interact output.
>
> This is using Mac OS X, 10.5.6 and the version of Safari that comes
> with it.
>
> I see the same behavior with FireFox 2.0 (latest version).
>
> Is there some configuration foo that I'm missing?

This is a known problem and there is a trac ticket for it.  The problem
is that the notebook height changes briefly when an interact is updated,
which means that the browser automatically scrolls up, but then doesn't
scroll back down.  A work-around is to create enough empty cells below
the interact.  A better solution, noted on the trac ticket, is to make a
div that is a screen high at the end of the notebook.  This would also
allow you to have the last cell at the top of the screen, which would be
very handy for presentations too.  At least MMA lets you scroll down so
that the last cell is at the top of the screen.

Jason