On Mar 17, 2009, at 4:57 PM, William Stein wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 4:55 PM, Jim Clark
> <jimfortheea...@earthlink.net> wrote:
>>
>> On Mar 17, 2009, at 4:45 PM, William Stein wrote:
>>
>>> Thanks for the offer.  But we release new sage versions every 1-2
>>> weeks (!), and having
>>> old binaries doesn't help much....
>>>
>>> William
>>
>> But the binary that you offer at sagemath.org doesn't work,
>> as the originator of this thread reported and as Michael Abshoff
>> and I
>> confirmed.
>
> In one week we will release a new version of Sage.  And another new
> one a week or two later, etc.  Are you going to physically deliver new
> binaries every week or two?

That's a good question, one I have not thought through.

As it is, you have not been providing OSX PPC binaries with every
Sage release --
the previous one was for version 3.2.3 last November.

Do you know how much demand there is for OSX PPC binaries?

Would it help to provide new binaries at major releases, which seem
to come every month or two,
not every one to two weeks? That's a way that I would be willing to
help.

Jim