Hello,

I tried to post the above problem to sage-devel, as instructed by the
failure report but my message was rejected.

Here is the machine information:

Linux hyalophane 2.6.25-gentoo-r8 #1 SMP Mon Oct 20 13:13:55 NDT 2008
i686 Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 2.80GHz GenuineIntel GNU/Linux

cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor       : 0
vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
cpu family      : 15
model           : 3
model name      : Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 2.80GHz
stepping        : 3
cpu MHz         : 2793.093
cache size      : 256 KB
fdiv_bug        : no
hlt_bug         : no
f00f_bug        : no
coma_bug        : no
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 5
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge
mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe
constant_tsc up pebs bts pni monitor ds_cpl cid
bogomips        : 5589.85
clflush size    : 64

The last bit of the install log is attached.

Cheers,
Roger Mason