On Sat, Apr 11, 2009 at 6:45 PM, ksk...@gmail.com <ksk...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I tried running the Fedora 10 64-bit binary and it warns me about
> illegal instructions. When I remove local/lib/sage-flags.txt, the
> result crashes on startup with:

Oh, I didn't realize that the sage-flags.txt file had warned you. Then
there isn't a bug -- this is *precisely* what should happen.

The only thing you can do is wait until either (1) we build binaries
that work on old hardware, if we ever get access to it (unlikely), or
(2) Michael Abshoff changes the ATLAS spkg so it doesn't use sse3
instructions.  That's trac 5284:

--
William Stein
Associate Professor of Mathematics