On Fri, 17 Apr 2009 at 10:14AM -0700, ggrafendorfer wrote:
> OK, then I can run the server version of sage from my computer via
> ssh,

Just so you know: there's no "server version" or "non-server" version of
Sage. If you have a working copy of Sage, you can run a notebook server.

I also agree with the suggestion that you *not* run a notebook server on
a computer dedicated to other tasks without putting it in a virtual
machine or taking other strict security measures. A person using the
Sage notebook can run arbitrary Python code on that computer, which
means that person can access all sorts of things on that computer.

There are some guides to running a notebook server in a VM: here's one I
wrote:

  http://wiki.sagemath.org/DanDrake/JustEnoughSageServer

Dan

--