hi Florian

Florian Beutler wrote:
> hallo
> I just installed sage today and probably the problem I have at the
> moment is a typical beginner problem, but unfortunately the tutorial
> was not helpful concerning this points.

I was in the same situation 3 weeks ago. I have the same feeling with
the manual, and as soon as I get a little bit more familiar with Sage
and the programming/documentation I will try to make some contributions
to the manual. I would recommend you 2 things.

1.- Take a look to "Sage For Newbies". Google it, its for free and it
takes approximately 20 min to read the guide and become familiar with
the easy things of Sage.

2.- Log in into the Sage database (sagenb.org) and have a look to the
literally thousands of worksheets there. Many people (included myself)
leave its guides and ways to solve certain task with Sage.

> if I use
> rho = 0.0058/((r/2.4)*(1+(r/2.4))^2)
> integral(rho,r,0,100000)
>
> this does not work because for r=0 rho is not defined. But anyway I
> want to integrate over the complete radius. What do I have to do?
> I can avoid the problem by using

Use the following to define r as symbolic variable
r=var('r')

rho = 0.0058/((r/2.4)*(1+(r/2.4))^2

and solve the integral numerically with the n() method (see The Sage
Tutorial page 6)

sage: integral(rho,r,1E-5,1E5).n()
0.158526563291981