On Apr 24, 2:33 pm, Mikie <thephantom6...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Sage is trying to modify the file sage-flags.txt.

It should open it read only, but let me check.

> On Apr 24, 3:29 pm, Mikie <thephantom6...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Version 3.4 for CentOS rel 5_2.   Before I get the error below it says
> > "Warning; Sage was built on a machine that does not support
> > instructions for this computer.  Processor flags not on this
> > computer:  pni

Yeah, no surprised there. You don't have SSE3 (==pni), so things do
blow up as expected. Maybe the warning message should be more
explicit, i.e. add "This Sage release will likely fail with 'illegal
instruction BLAH BLAH'" :)

Sage 3.4.1 which binaries I should post in the next couple hours has
been build to use only SSE2, so that one should work for you.

Cheers,

Michael