Hi sage-support,
thanks for reporting this. As was noted in a message above:

> The README.text file includes
>
>  ** WARNING ** If you get an error copying the folder do the
> following:
>     Do not drag the the folder out of the dmg image. Use the
>     shell (via Terminal) and do a
>      "cp -R -P /Volumes/sage-2.9.2-OSX10.4-intel-i386-Darwin/sage ."
>     from the location where you want to install to. Adjust the name of
> the
>     Volume as needed.

and I just took that .dmg, opened it, opened a terminal session, cd'ed
to a test directory, and executed the adjusted command (e.g. enter "cp
-R -P /Volumes/sage-", use tab completion, then add "/sage ." at the
end):

cp -R -P /Volumes/sage-3.4.1-OSX10.4-32bit-G4-PowerMacintosh-
PowerMacintosh-Darwin/sage .

and it worked fine. Everything was copied, including the "sage/spkg/"
content.
Please test this, and report back (whether it has worked, or not),
thank you!

@Michael, Justin:
The "Readme.txt" has not been updated since sage-2.9.2 (obviously),
but essentially it describes correctly what to do --- at least to me
it was obvious that "Adjust the name of the Volume as needed." leads
to the above command, and a working Sage. Since I am a developer,
things obvious to me might not be so obvious to other people ... but
this means I might be the wrong person to try to rephrase the
"Readme.txt".
:-)
Thoughts?

I had noticed with this 3.4.1 .dmg that "dragging and dropping" did
not work. I don't remember exactly with which version, but I had had
another .dmg (not -bdisted by me) with the same problem a while ago.
Since the "Readme.txt" already adressed this issue, I didn't care
much, guessing this was some familiar "Sage/Mac oddity". I'll poke
around a bit nevertheless, if I can manage to create a "drag-and-
droppable" version.

Cheers,
gsw