Hi

On 4 KvÄ›, 11:56, mabshoff <michael.absh...@mathematik.uni-dortmund.de>
wrote:
> > Hello, not related to Sage, but if I remember correctly, newer Maxima
> > is in Debian Sid (compiled with GCL). This Sid version is slower than
> > 5.13 (with GCL also).
>
> Do you have any idea why that is and how much slowdown there is? What
> specifically is slower? Might this be due to the rather small RAM
> footprint of the server?

This slowdown was on the server
http://old.mendelu.cz/~marik/maw/index.php?lang=en&form=main
, my logs look like http://wood.mendelu.cz/math/maw.php and
http://wood.mendelu.cz/math/maw/common/tail.php?dir=minmax3d

The time to complete the task (some computations in batch mode,
differentiation, integration, in some cases pattern matching,
evaluating limits, solving equations, simplifying expressions)
increased about two or three times. A similar behavor has been
observed also on a big PC and so the problem cannot be in small
memory. I did not more tests related to this (and never asked about
this on maxima forum).

Robert