See inline below.

Robert Bradshaw пишет:
> On Apr 30, 2009, at 10:13 PM, William Stein wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Apr 30, 2009 at 10:05 PM, Robert Bradshaw
>> <rober...@math.washington.edu> wrote:

>>> Though this isn't quite what you're looking for, it would be nice to
>>> be able to "publish" an object just like one publishes a worksheet on
>>> a public server. It would then give a url where the .sobj can be
>>> downloaded (by anyone, so to send you an object I would write in a
>>> notebook cell)
>>>
>>> publish(a)
>>> http://sagenb.org/pub/unique_name.sobj
>>>
>>> which would return a url that's good as long as the server is live,
>>> and you could send it to someone (e.g. via email or chat) and they
>>> could load it with load("http://sagenb.org/pub/unique_name.sobj";).
>>>  From the command line it could perhaps just save it as a file and
>>> return the filename.
>>>
>> You can already do this.  In a worksheet, just do
>>
>> save(a,'a.sobj')
>>
>> then publish the worksheet that contains a, then there will be a link
>> to the sobj.
>> E.g., I just published http://sagenb.org/home/pub/505/ which contains
>> such a link:
>>
>>    http://sagenb.org/home/pub/505/cells/2/a.sobj
>>
>> Now anybody can do:
>>
>> teragon:~ wstein$ sage
>> | Sage Version 3.4.1, Release Date: 2009-04-21                       |
>> | Type notebook() for the GUI, and license() for information.        |
>> sage: a = load('http://sagenb.org/home/pub/505/cells/2/a.sobj')
>> Attempting to load remote file: http://sagenb.org/home/pub/505/
>> cells/2/a.sobj
>> sage: a
>> 'ehhhh!'
>
> Ah, yes, you can. I still think it might be handy to be able to just
> publish objects detached from worksheets though. Taken one step

Yes, this could be useful indeed.

> further, being able to  "push" them too to a public place (though
> this opens a whole can of authentication/security issues).

Well, this is very easy in gLite.
One would have to  just save an object and copy it to the public space
in Grid storage information system.

I might make this possible for SAGE some time.

There is also an idea to use RSS feeds for spreading information about
published objects and notebooks. (see my post "Sage RSS reader in
firefox and .xml .rss in SAGE")

# Serge