Ok, for those of you who saw my recent message about the illegal
instruction ... I think I now know why that doesn't work. I think it
is that the latest sse2-3.4.2 virtual machine does not support my
processor (AMD Athlon 64 3000). I don't know why, since this cpu does
support sse2, but perhaps one sse3 instruction is used somewhere and
the Athlon does not support sse3, and thus it crashes. Perhaps someday
support for the Athlon will be added?

Anyway I tried running it on a newer laptop on my network, and it did
indeed start a sage server. When I start firefox on this computer and
go to the suggested address (192.168.175.128) the sage server starts
up and I can execute sage commands. (Yay!!)

I'm wondering though, can I run sage from another computer on my
network? After starting the sage server on the laptop as usual, I
tried typing in 192.168.175.128 in the browser on my desktop computer,
but it just reports that it can't connect. How do I get this to work?
Do I have to make an entry in the Firewall > Virtual servers section
of my router or something like that? Sorry, obviously I'm not a
networking giant :)

~Paul