Hi William,

> Try putting " import sage.matrix.matrix" as the line *right* before
> you use "sage.matrix.matrix.is_Matrix()".  I.e., do the import in the
> function, not at the module level.

That is what I first tried. That results in the same error. I added
the line

import sage.matrix.matrix

in the function __init__. What is strange is that another line I added
at the same place

from sage.rings.integer_ring import IntegerRing

cause no trouble.

I guess the problem is that __init__ function (in the class TermOrder
in sage/rings/polynomial/term_order.py) is executed before the matrix
modules are fully loaded into Sage. Am I right? If so, is there a
workaround?

Kwankyu