My desktop machine, an 8G 4-core machine.   I've tried multiple
browsers.  This is not a problem with the browser; browsers are
capable of very large and very slow uploads.

Probably some timeout parameter in the Sage server is set too small.
There is no output related to the upload on the Sage console.

Tom