I have been using sage to solve for the eigenvectors and eigenvalues
of a 4x4 symbolic matrix. It takes a few hours, but sage is able to
return the solutions. My dilemma is that the resulting expressions are
*HUGE*. If I ask sage to display one of the eigenvalues on screen (not
using show()) it takes several minutes and then finally displays a
loooong, truncated string. As a specific example, the full text file
containing the output of the first eigenvalue.real_part() is 8.6 MB.

Sooo.... I am currently working on trying to simplify the resulting
expressions in sage to shrink them down to a smaller size. Here is the
problem: I notice that my expressions contain *a lot* of terms like
this, arctan2(0, looooooooooooong_expression).  Now I know that
arctan2(0,x) = 0 for all x and so this should simplify my expressions
a great deal. However, I cannot get sage to make this simplification
for me. Simplify() and simplify_full() do not touch these terms. Does
anyone have an idea about how to address this trigonometric
simplification?

Thanks so much!