A small group has been working on an education-related grant proposal to
the US National Science Foundation to support work making it easier to
use Sage in undergraduate courses.  The description of the CCLI Type 2
program is at:

http://www.nsf.gov/pubs/2009/nsf09529/nsf09529.html

A draft copy of our proposal is attached to this message on sage-edu:

http://groups.google.com/group/sage-edu/browse_thread/thread/3e9f66cf3fc3405f

If this proposal is funded, a lot of work will probably go into fixing
issues that come up on this list that directly impact undergraduate
education.

High-level or strategic feedback on the proposal would be most welcome.
  We need to finish this up around January 8, so we'll post a final
draft later for anybody willing to help proofread, but right now you can
ignore minor screwups.  It would be especially helpful now to see if
everything makes sense and flows properly on a first reading, since
we've all spent too much time staring at it already.   ;-)

Thanks in advance.

Rob and Jason (for UTMOST)