Hi,
> Thank you very much for this nice project; now it will be easier to impress
> friends at the university about the capabilities of both SAGE and Linux. I
> would like to share a couple of observations (of course these may have to do
> only with Puppy itself):

Thanks you for the feedback

> to be "new". Maybe user can be urged to be patient.

Normally Puppy Linux is just about 100 MB and loads completly to RAM
(if more then 256 MB RAM are found). The advantage is that
Applications open very very fast  and one can remove the CD while
working. The Sage Live CD is 700 MB and I changed the configuration,
that the complete sywstem is only loaded when more than 1.5 GB are
found. Maybe it is better to force Option
pfix=noram? This can be done by default. The loss of speed is not
really an issue, but of course the CD drive will be occupied.

> 2- SAGE worked without any problems. (Also, seeing LyX installed was a nice
> surprise!)

I tested Sage and it passed all tests (sage -testall) at my machine. I
was lucky to find a nice Linux package containing Lyx at just 169 MB
(this was made by member of puppy linux forum didik from indonesia).
Since there is some space left I could also include texmacs (I tested
it in the meantime, it works, but seems not as responsive than the
rest of the system)

> 3- I was not able to switch on touchpad clicking.
This is some puppy linux related stuff. A good source to tackle such
problems is the puppy linux forum which is in general helpfull and
competent. I found this thread about touchpads.
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=18339
You can edit the xorg.conf file by Menu>Setup>Xorg Video Wizard>Edit
xorg.conf

> 4- I was not able to connect to WEP secured wireless through none of the
> connection wizards (there were two different). It seemed to get IP number
> but no connection was actually established (I'm not an expert by the way!).

Hey I am no expert too. Maybe you try this HowTO
http://www.wikihow.com/Set-up-a-Wireless-Network-in-Puppy-Linux
Good Luck!

> 5- The screen was dim and I couldn't figure out how to make it brighter.

This can also be done in the Menu>Setup>Xorg Video Wizard>Gamma
Calibration

> Regards,
> Berkin

Please report back any quirks, bugs or also some things you like,

Current list to chage for the final release

1) fix localisation wizard for boot up
2) fix wallpapers to stretched
3) rework/complete build Html Help pages
3*) include texmacs
4*) change initial bootoption to noram
5*) include a wizard for swapspace

* I would like to have feedback on those changes