Hi,

On Sat, Feb 27, 2010 at 8:51 PM, bourbabis <bourba...@gmail.com> wrote:

<SNIP>

> Everything seems correct. So I've thought, Sage doesn't succeed to
> locate the fortan compiler and thus I must explicitly set the two
> environment variables. Or is it a problem of gfortran version ?

It looks to me your system already has the version of gfortran
corresponding to your version of gcc and g++. And that same version is
OK for compiling Sage. At the very start of the compilation process, a
configure script is run to determine prerequisites. If your version of
gfortran was not suitable or the script could not locate your system's
gfortran, the script would have halted with an error message and the
build process would stop there. The build process on your system got
to the stage of installing the Fortran spkg, which suggests to me that
you have necessary prerequisites for compiling Sage. All I was
suggesting in my previous post is that you leave the Fortran
environment variables alone. Just untar the Sage source tarball, cd to
the resulting directory, and issue "make". That's it. If you
previously set those environment variables, then you might want to
consider first unsetting them:

unset SAGE_FORTRAN
unset SAGE_FORTRAN_LIB

Do this before the untar step. If the above steps still don't build
Sage for you, something else is wrong.

--
Regards
Minh Van Nguyen