On Mar 10, 2010, at 11:53 AM, Eckhard Kosin wrote:

Hi all,

I just installed Sage and now I'm working through the tutorial.
However, inside notebook I'm unable to generate 3d plots: Issuing i.e.

x,y = var('x,y')
plot3d(x^2 + y^2, (x,-2,2), (y,-2,2))

only yields a gray square without any plots. At the right lower corner of the square there is a link "Get Image", but clicking on it do not get the image but jumps the top of the current worksheet (the address of the
link is "http://localhost:8000/home/admin/3/#";).

On the Sage command line plot3d works, a Jmol window pops up showing the
graphic.  Also inside notebook plot3d(..., viewer='tachyon') works.

Java (OpenJDK) is installed and enabled in the browser.

Do the demos at http://jmol.sourceforge.net/demo/ work for you?

- Robert