On Mar 20, 10:52 pm, Alec Mihailovs <alec.mihail...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mar 19, 4:51 am, bb <bblo...@arcor.de> wrote:
>
> > I tried to compile sage from source on slitaz, a very small and
> > ultrafast starting linux and slitaz might be installed to a bootable USB.
> > No success.
>
> You could just use Sage live CD (bootable). If it boots from a CD, it
> would boot from USB as well, I guess.
>
> It is rather small, contains Sage 4.3.1 on Puppy Linux, and is
> available from
>
> http://mira.sunsite.utk.edu/sagemath/livecd/index.html
>
> as well on other mirrors.
>
> Alec Mihailovs

Hi,

To get the Sage Lice CD installed on USB should be easy. Start the
Live CD. Then Go to the
Menu>Setup>Puppy Universal Installer

There are plenty of install options. Choose USB hard drive or USB
flash drive.

The following menus should be straightforward, try to stick with the
install options.

I tested it and post this message from the live CD installed to a
flash drive.
Advantage is that it runs considerable faster than the LIVE CD and it
is easy to carry it around.

Emil

PS: There is also Menu>Setup>BootFlash Install Puppy to USB. This
wizard is more advanced and will also format your stick. If you want
to keep your data use the "universal installer" mentioned above.