On May 15, 2010, at 5:31 PM, kcrisman wrote:

Thanks for your email.  Unfortunately, Piecewise functions were
implemented very early in the history of Sage, and so do not support
tons of newer Sage functionality.  Although there are a number of us
interested in improving  this situation, thus far time and expertise
has not been there.  Unless a Sage Days devoted to this magically
happens :) I don't see that changing in the near future, as ideally
such Piecewise functions would come from Pynac/Ginac, but I don't
think they support this (and see http://wiki.sagemath.org/symbolics/pynac_todo
for a long-term wishlist, much of which will definitely eventually be
implemented).

I'm sorry that this is the current situation.  To do this particular
examples, you could probably do four separate parametric plots, I
think?  Please let us know if that doesn't work!

Another option is to wrap these in Python functions:

sage: parametric_plot([lambda a: f(a), lambda a: g(a)], (0, 2))