On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 10:04 PM, vasu <tewari.v...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am iterating through all partitions p  of a fixed length k ( let's
> say using Partitions (size, length=k) ) and I have written a function
> which return true if the partition p has atleast one part repeated. I
> can use a for loop and get the thing done easily.
> But is there a way I can use filter() to achieve the same purpose ?
> I hope my question is clear.

You can also do something like the following which is specific to the
type of object that Partitions() returns:

sage: P = Partitions(10,length=3).filter(lambda p: 3 in p); P
Filtered sublass of Partitions of the integer 10 satisfying constraints length=3
sage: list(P)
[[6, 3, 1], [5, 3, 2], [4, 3, 3]]
sage: P.cardinality()
3