I had a problem with SAGE on my iPod Touch. Everything worked fine except for jMol when viewing 3D graphs. jMol requires jre and that is not installed on Safari. Apparently this is a restriction on the iTouch, there's no way to install jre for Safari on iTouch. I've seen it installed on a MacBook Pro, however.

If you don't do 3D graphs, I think you're fine. I just don't know if the iPad has the same restrictions as the iTouch....

HTH,
A. Jorge Garcia
http://shadowfaxrant.blogspot.com
http://www.youtube.com/calcpage2009

Teacher & Professor
Applied Mathematics, Physics & Computer Science
Baldwin Senior High School & Nassau Community College