Hi Pere,

On Mon, Sep 13, 2010 at 5:49 PM, Pere  Quintana SeguĂ­
> Hello,
>
> Do you know if there are any plans to integrate the mlpy library
> (https://mlpy.fbk.eu/) in sage?

I'm not aware of any such plans. But a few months ago, there was some
discussion about having support vector machine functionalities in
Sage. If you would like to use mlpy [1] from within Sage, you could
produce an optional package or a contributed package. A contributed
package (otherwise known as an experimental package) is something you
produce and maintain yourself. The Sage project take no responsibility
in maintaining a contributed package. However, we offer hosting space
for your contributed spkg.

An optional package needs to pass some minimum requirements in order
for it to become an optional package. For example, an optional spkg
must be tested and work on most of the operating systems that Sage
runs on. The Sage project takes minimum responsibility vis-a-vis
maintaining an optional package. That is, we don't do all the work of
maintaining an optional package; you need to commit yourself to
sharing that task. A reason is that there are many standard packages
currently distributed by default with Sage, and the effort required to
maintain those standard spkg's is huge. There are not enough human
resource and volunteers to maintain the standard packages, so the Sage
project needs to prioritize its effort. If you would like to produce
and maintain an optional or contributed spkg, we can provide hosting
space.

[1] https://mlpy.fbk.eu

--
Regards