I wanted to confirm that a certain infinite sum agrees with a certain
number to thousands of digits of accuracy.  I know this is true from a
fascinating formula at the top of page 2 of the paper referenced
here:
http://arxiv.org/abs/math.GM/0409014/

The following one liner outputs the error in the sum....

sage: n(100*sqrt(pi/log(10.0))-sum(10^(-k^2/10000.0) for k in
range(-10000,10000)))
-1.27897692436818e-13

My finite sum should approximate the infinite sum more accurately as I
change the 10000 to 20000 but it does not....

sage: n(100*sqrt(pi/log(10.0))-sum(10^(-k^2/10000.0) for k in
range(-20000,20000)))
-1.27897692436818e-13

Why isn't the error improving as I increase the number of terms that
are summed?  Am I doing something wrong in Sage?  (Yes it is possible
that this infinite sum converges unimaginably slowly so I wanted to
check first I wasn't doing something dumb.)

Thanks,

Chris