On Saturday 29 January 2011 17:43, jorges wrote:
> Maybe this is a dumb question, but should sage be built by root?

I'm not sure this applies to Sage, since I haven't yet got it to work, but in
general, software should be built as an ordinary user, but installed as root.

There is some software that can be built and installed as a user. In thirty
years I haven't yet compiled any software that should be both built and
installed as root, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Jeff