On Sunday, February 6, 2011 7:19:29 AM UTC, Dr. David Kirkby wrote:

> On 5 February 2011 08:17, Mate Kosor <mate....@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I don't know why the checks don't work for package python, but if I
> > could make a suggestion maybe it would be better that the check ships
> > that package because now the check is nonfunctional.
>
> IMHO that would be a bad idea. It's better to be aware of the issue
> than just to cover up the failures.The actual tests that fail differ
> from system to system.

I haven't investigated this, but I tought the failures in the python
testsuite come from python's optional modules that are compiled only if
dependencies are available. For example, pythons ssl library is only
compiled if openssl headers are found at compile time. The corresponding ssl
module testsuite failing shouldn't stop us, then.