Dear Sage Gurus,

    I was playing with Sage and discovered what appears to be a
really weird bug with Sage's checking of inequalities.

    In the attached code, I generate some random 2x2 linear equations
with integer coefficients, and I try to find the minimum and maximum
coordinates of the resulting solutions.  However, somehow, the maxima
are computed but the minima are not.

   In particular, when I run the attached code on my machine, I get (random)
values of x[0] and maxx with x[0]<=maxx (as expected). However,
minx and miny always (incorrectly) remain at +Infinity, even though
x[0] is always less than minx!

   I am a newcomer to Sage so I apologize if I've missed something
dumb. But as of this moment, I'm completely stumped as to why my
simple program is behaving so strangely.

   Hope to hear from you soon.

         Best Wishes,

         Maurice

P.S.:  I get this bug when running my program on my lenovo X201s
laptop, running
         Ubuntu LTS 10.04, and Sage Version 4.6.2, Release Date: 2011-02-25 .