On 22 Aug., 04:37, Chris Seberino <cseber...@gmail.com> wrote:
> sin (pi)    # rare,  sin(pi) more likely
> f (3, 4)    # rare,   f(3, 4) more likely

Likelihood is a not a good guideline, IMHO. I prefer rigour.

> What about a run level that parses "f (3, 4)" as implicit
> multiplication?

"3," is a tuple in Python:
  sage: 3,
  (3,)

Hence, when you write "f (3, 4)", do you really mean that *both* blank
spaces should trigger a multiplication? Do you really mean f
multiplied with the tuple (3,) multiplied with 4?

And even when you write "f (3,4)" (with only one blank space): Do you
really mean "expression f multiplied with tuple (3,4)"? What is the
product of an expression with a tuple?

Best regards,
Simon