On Dec 15, 5:49 pm, Michael Fawcett <m...@fawcettsoft.com.au> wrote:
> I am having problems compiling Sage on the following setup:
>
> ASUS K52J laptop with Intel Core I3 processor with 4G RAM running Windows 7
> VirtualBox 4.1.6
> Guest OS Ubuntu 11.10 desktop (i386) with 1933 M RAM allocated. VirtualBox
> guest additions have been installed
>
> The install fails during the installation of Atlas with an Illegal
> instruction.

Hi,

I have a similar situation (vmware on windows 7). I don't recall if I
get the exact same error but I do get something similar. The build
seems to stop with an error but it also seems to be only that the
output is not updating. If I leave the build for a while (maybe 10
min) it will resume. My guess is that the output is buffered so you
don't see that the build is still working. Try giving it some time
first.

Cheers,
Adam