On Thursday, March 22, 2012 5:46:58 AM UTC-4, ancienthart wrote:

> On Wednesday, 21 March 2012 22:42:16 UTC+10, kcrisman wrote:
>>

>>> fracintegral(x,1/2)
>>>>

>>> 4/15*x^(5/2)/sqrt(pi)
>>>>>

>> Though you should get a deprecation error.
>>

> Yeah, I do. I don't know the correct way to collect a variable argument
> from inside a function call, and apply that to a named argument call. :(
> (t-x)^n*func(x=t) works fine, but don't know how to change "x=" to "y="
> without using a really ugly apply call.

I'm not sure either offhand, and don't have time to think about it :(  I
think this is an excellent type of question for ask.sagemath.org,
especially since the new sage-support interface has been annoying for a lot
of people on sage-support.

> I've found that it seems to only show up for me if I start sage and run
> the defined function first. It is guaranteed to give me this error first
> time and will keep on giving me errors until I run the indefinite integral
> form of the same name function. Then it will sometimes give me correct-ish
> answers from then on. I've attached my sage worksheet. I'm on a 64-bit
> machine. Possible issue?

No idea, though hopefully someone will know.  It looks like you are "pretty
printing", or at least so the traceback indicates, so maybe this is part of
the problem.  Again, one would have to dive into the details.  Here I hope
someone will take the time to do it on this list.  I can't even get RSS for
the new Google groups interface, truly bizarre.

>> The generalized complex exponential integral `E_n(z)`
>>
>> We just need to finish a few things on this, but you are welcome to use
>> it now.
>>

> Ohhhh, this looks goooooood. :D
> Is it possible to do this over a binary installation, or will I need to
> install and build from source? I'm asking because as well as my Linux
> install at home, I'm running a binary virtual image on Windows at work.

You should be able to import the patch using hg_sage (see the developer
guide for how to apply a patch, though I think you know how to do this) and
then rebuild Sage using "sage -b", which will change the relevant files and
then you should be in better shape with that.