On 4/13/12 5:45 AM, Tobias Weich wrote:
However it has been quite dissatisfactory  for me that the first example
in the documentation was in principle what I was looking for but nowhere
was written how to use it (make it visible) and in all the following
examples where only ContourPlots of functions and not of discrete data.

This has to do with how the documentation is generated, and you're right that this should be fixed. Probably the easiest way to do it is to prefix such classes with an underscore (so _ContourPlot). Then they won't show up in the documentation, since they aren't really meant for the user to use directly. Of course, that would have made it harder for you to do what you wanted to do, but it would have cut down on the frustration of having to dive into Sage internals in order to try to do what an example in docs indicated you could do.

Thanks,

Jason