On Mon, Aug 20, 2012 at 1:21 PM, bsmile <devout1...@gmail.com> wrote:
> BTW, I would like to ask a basic question. SymmetricGroupRepresentation has
> three options, "specht", "orthogonal", "seminormal". Could you please
> explain briefly their differences, and when which one should normally be
> used. It seems "orthogonal" gives something matching the physically
> meaningful Td group result, which seems more meaningful to me?!

All of the matrices comes from choosing different bases for the
underlying irreducible module.  The surface differences are

specht - Specht's representation, all of the entries are integer

orthogonal - Young's orthogonal form, matrices are orthogonal

seminormal - Young's seminormal form, a "scaled version" of the
orthogonal form in which all entries are rational

--Mike