>> I have installed Sage (with the file sage-5.0-disk1.vmdk) on my
>> Windows 64-bits (4 GB RAM, and processor of 2.4 GHz), and it is
>> already running in my Virtual Box. But it's way too slow, even for
>> the simplest commands, does anyone have any idea of what could be the
>> reason for this? My virtual machine is running Sage in Fedora with
>> 512 MB of memory and 16 MB of video memory.

Are you using the command line interface or the Sage notebook?  Also,
can you have a look at the memory situation inside the virtual machine
(for instance, using "top" from the command line)?  It could be that
you are running out of RAM and are using the swap a lot, which makes
things very slow.  Of course, in that case doing *anything* inside the
virtual machine would feel quite slow.

--
Best,
Alex

--
Alex Ghitza -- Lecturer in Mathematics -- The University of Melbourne
http://aghitza.org