On 07/16/2013 05:35 PM, Viviane Pons wrote:
Hi everyone,

I have installed sage-5.11-beta3 and for some reason, I cannot use use
easy_install anymore on the sage shell. It seems to be a problem with
https. When I do sage -sh and then easy_install -U mysql-python (for
example), I get this:

Reading http://pypi.python.org/simple/mysql-python/
Download error: unknown url type: https -- Some packages may not be found!

I don't remember if I had this error before. But I'm sure I was able to
install this package with easy_install on previous sage versions. Did
anyone have some similar issues?

Thank's a lot

Viviane

Make sure you have support for SSL installed. The details are present in the SSL section of the README.txt file in the Sage directory.