On Tuesday, December 17, 2013 11:30:31 AM UTC-5, Sami wrote:

> What is the right way of importing Matlab's .mat data into SageMath?
> Or to which format should I transform this data for Sage notebook?
>
> Possibly, there is some restrictions in the Notebook, which can be a
> reason why the data is not plotting.
>
> I am considering the problem also here:
> http://superuser.com/questions/687891/to-plot-matlab-data-in-sagemath

See my answer there - basically, you have to first import the .mat file,
then you have to turn it from (e.g.) Numpy into Sage.

To the experts: however, I noticed some things while doing this.

import numpy
L = numpy.array([[1.0,2.0]])
matrix(L)

works, but

import numpy
L = numpy.array([1.0,2.0])
matrix(L)

Okay, I get why, but maybe we should at least have a better error message?
 Or can we assume that such arrays *should* be convertible to matrices?