On Tue, Jan 7, 2014 at 1:58 AM, Nathann Cohen <nathann.co...@gmail.com>wrote:

> > Something is indeed wrong, and I have experienced similar problems in
> the past.  What version of CPLEX and which version of Sage are you using? I
> am using IBM ILOG CPLEX 12.5.1.0, and Sage 5.12 on Fedora Linux 19 and Sage
> 5.10 on Fedora 13.
>
> HMmmmm... Well, to be honest I don't know. The truth is : I don't remember
> having met a nasty bug like that with Sage at any point, though it is
> possible that it may have been fixed since since you do not use the latest
> version of Sage.. Coud you try it with a more recent version of Sage, like
> the 6.0 ?

I upgraded to Sage 6.0, and the output is still wrong.  I then checked IBM,
and a new version of CPLEX was released in early December 2013.  With CPLEX
12.6.0 and Sage 6.0, I now get the correct answers.

So it seems that CPLEX 12.5.10 was the culprit.  Though it is surprising to
me that there would be such a basic bug.  I am somewhat worried that there
is something wrong with the CPLEX interface code in Sage, but it seems very
straightforward.

I recall having weird problems using CPLEX in Sage in the past; one
specific instance from summer 2012 jumps to mind.  I'll see if I can't dig
up one of those instances and see if they have been fixed with new versions
of Sage and CPLEX.

> Actually, there is a trac ticket waiting for review related to how LP
> solvers handle bounds, but I do not think it is related to this bug
> http://trac.sagemath.org/ticket/15622
> (it does *not only* fix GLPK code)

Do you mean http://trac.sagemath.org/ticket/14581 ?

Best wishes,