Jose Guzman wrote:
When trying to install Sage 6.2 from sources I got the following error:

   File "/home/jguzman/sage-6.2/src/doc/common/builder.py", line 1477,
in <module>
     getattr(get_builder(name), type)()
   File "/home/jguzman/sage-6.2/src/doc/common/builder.py", line 276, in
_wrapper
     getattr(get_builder(document), 'inventory')(*args, **kwds)
   File "/home/jguzman/sage-6.2/src/doc/common/builder.py", line 487, in
_wrapper
     x.get(99999)
   File
"/home/jguzman/sage-6.2/local/lib/python/multiprocessing/pool.py", line
554, in get
     raise self._value
OSError: [matrices ] docstring of sage.matrix.matrix1.Matrix:10: ERROR:
Error in "warning" directive:

make: *** [doc-html] Error 1

Is there anything I'm missing?

Probably depends on what exactly you did... ;-)

Does the error persist when you retry 'make doc' (or 'make doc-clean && make doc' -- note that the latter currently requires a system-wide version of git to be installed, cf. #16303)?

I've seen similar on an apparently /somehow/^TM broken installation where I tried upgrading from a late 6.2.beta to an early 6.3.beta, but only when running './sage --docbuild reference html' directly; with 'make doc' (or 'all' instead of just 'reference'), docbuilding simply gets stuck, i.e., hangs indefinitely; cf. recent threads on sage-devel (and probably better post there).

My impression is that docbuilding with Python's multiprocessing doesn't work reliably, but so far failed to really track this down.

-leif

--
() The ASCII Ribbon Campaign
/\   Help Cure HTML E-Mail