On Monday, September 8, 2014 8:03:31 PM UTC-7, Miguel Yorro wrote:

>      28 from numpy.lib import triu, asfarray
> ---> 29 from numpy.linalg import lapack_lite, _umath_linalg
>      30 from numpy.matrixlib.defmatrix import matrix_power
>      31 from numpy.compat import asbytes
>

> ImportError: libgfortran.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such
> file or directory
>

> /home/myorro/Sage/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/numpy/lib/__init__.py
> in <module>()
>      15 from .ufunclike import *
>      16
> ---> 17 from . import scimath as emath
>      18 from .polynomial import *
>      19 #import convertcode
>

> ImportError: cannot import name scimath
>

> I'm sorry if I'm making you look at all the error reports. But I don't
> really know how to troubleshoot these kinds of errors yet. Can anyone
> please help me
> (1) understand the problem
> (2) fix the error

Both errors seem to indicate that your sage failed to properly "import"
(python speak for "initialize") some component of "numpy". It's a little
strange that executing the same code twice yields different errors. I
assume this was in the same session? In that case I can imagine that the
first (failed) import of numpy.linalg did partially succeed, changing the
state such that the second time, a different failure arose.

You may want to try the command

sage: from numpy.linalg import lapack_lite, _umath_linalg

in a fresh sage session to confirm that initializing this component (which
should normally work) indeed fails for you. Similarly,

sage: import numpy.lib.scimath

should normally work. If it doesn't then your sage installation is likely
broken.