Le jeudi 13 novembre 2014 05:43:30 UTC+1, Ivan Andrus a écrit :

> I’m really sorry.  I haven’t had enough time for sage-mode as I would like
> lately.  In particular, I’m having problems building recent versions of
> sage, likely due to my extensive use of home brew.
>
> Did you upgrade your Emacs version?  If so it might be Issue #42:
>
> https://bitbucket.org/gvol/sage-mode/issue/42/sage-mode-is-completely-broken-on-emacs

Indeed, it is. Your workaround (executed in the *scratch* Lisp interaction
buffer *before* any attempt to use sage) worked.

> If that’s the case, there is a workaround there.  I just need to figure
> out how to package that up nicely.

I have also noticed this :
plot(sin,[x,-2*pi,2*pi],figsize=4)
/usr/local/sage-6.4/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/IPython/core/formatters.py:239:

FormatterWarning: Exception in text/plain formatter: should never launch
viewer in embedded mode
  FormatterWarning,
KeyError                                  Traceback (most recent call last)
<ipython-input-10-58e55ef25b32> in <module>()
----> 1 plot(sin,[x,-Integer(2)*pi,Integer(2)*pi],figsize=Integer(4))

/usr/local/sage-6.4/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/IPython/core/displayhook.pyc

in __call__(self, result)
    251             self.write_output_prompt()
    252             format_dict, md_dict = self.compute_format_data(result)
--> 253             self.write_format_data(format_dict, md_dict)
    254             self.update_user_ns(result)
    255             self.log_output(format_dict)

/usr/local/sage-6.4/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/IPython/core/displayhook.pyc

in write_format_data(self, format_dict, md_dict)
    172         # newline, even if all the prompt separators are ''. This
is the
    173         # standard IPython behavior.
--> 174         result_repr = format_dict['text/plain']
    175         if '\n' in result_repr:
    176             # So that multi-line strings line up with the left
column of

KeyError: 'text/plain'

However,
plot(sin,[x,-2*pi,2*pi],figsize=4).show()
woks as advertised. This seems to be bound to recent changes in the
management of display modes for the new ipython needs.

> Since, I keep getting bugs on interaction with Sage, I think I might
> rewrite that portion completely, probably based on sage-shell-mode:
> https://github.com/stakemori/sage-shell-mode
>
> So, you might consider using that (available on MELPA for easy
> installation) in the mean time.  I’ve tried it a little, but not
> extensively.

I'll have a look at this (tempus adjuvante...). A quick try was
unsuccessfull, but I might have misinterpreted the instructions...

--
Emmanuel Charpentier