On Thursday, May 28, 2009 at 9:31:46 PM UTC+5:30, Jason Grout wrote:
Mike Hansen wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 8:38 AM, Paul Sargent <psa...@gmail.com
<javascript:>> wrote:
>> # Subs for lambda (have to use "lambda", but that's a keyword)
<snip>
<quote>lambda is a reserved keyword in Python, which means you can't use it
in
a python statement that you are writing. You'll notice below that Mike
never writes lambda on a line (he only writes the string "lambda").

Yeah, I know; it's frustrating for me in linear algebra to not use
lambda for eigenvalues.
</quote>

Can we declare lambda as a variable? I want to use it in eigenvalues
(linear algebra).
like:
l = var("lambda");
It'll give error. So how can I declare it as a variable.