Hi Ron,

It's difficult for me to assume the result you guessed, without a full
complete example of tex file displaying the error (try to shorten your tex
file and post it, next time).

I tried next tex content in new file in cloud project without any issue or
error from the pdf previewer...

As you can read : i write "sage" and the semicolon ":" just after (no extra
space).

I assume that "sage:" at beginning of line has two purposes : 1) pretty
printing of "sage:" 2) evaluating sage command following the "sage:" prompt
and displaying the result in next line (that's why with my example, I get
the function solution of your first order differentiate equation).

I added the computation of sqrt(2)+1 only for an extra explanation about
evaluation process.

Dominique

\documentclass{article}
\title{Title of Document}