Update:

1) Chrome does not work because of executing
sagecell.makeSagecell(...)
before
<script src="{{ static_url('embedded_sagecell.js') }}"></script>
finishes while Firefox waits till the script is processed. The issue
goes away if I wrap makeSagecell call in require(...), but I have no
idea how to make it work without, which is necessary for supporting
old pages. Any pointers?... I can't say I am a big fan of RequireJS,
but it felt natural to use it because Jupyter uses it. Should I
perhaps use something else instead/in addition?

2) TAB-completion should be fixed.
3) No progress on 3D yet.
4) Didn't look into CORS problems with embedding yet.