Dear all,

I have been using sagemath for research for many years now, and I am
extremely happy with it. For my latest papers, I would like to make the
sage code available to the public, so that people can follow through what I
did and re-use the code for their own data. The journal's guidelines also
ask to make any relevant data and code available. Of course, I could just
upload it to some generic data server, but it would be so great to also
make it available on a sage server, which would render the worksheets
correctly and where people could start working with it straight away. I
believe that this would make a lot more scientists aware of the benefits of
sagemath.

There used to be several open sagemath servers around, but the ones I used
previously have disappeared, probably at the same time as sagemath cloud
(SMC) made its appearance. I gather that SMC is commercial, meant to
generate funds for the further development of sagemath. I hope it takes
off. However, this also means that SMC is likely not the right place to
permanently publish worksheets, as they would be taken down once I stop
paying the fees for some reason. Can anyone suggest a suitable place for
that? The minimum requirement is that the worksheet can be viewed and
downloaded. Being able to execute and modify cells would be a bonus, and
long-term availability (permalink?) would be another bonus. I haven't seen
any "public" worksheets on SMC, in the way the old sage servers worked.
Would there be scope to create such a space in SMC, so to say as an
advertisement?