Dima,

Sorry but I'm not sure I understand.  I followed the directions in the sage
help that say to do sage -i 'dot2tex'.  That is done.  But it still creates
the different tex files, and I still have the problem.  Nicolas's work
around makes the small example he posted work, but it doesn't work for the
crystals.  Was I supposed to install dot2tex differently?