Hi,

I haven't seen anyone else report this problem, and just about the only
reason I can image is that the installation did not compete somehow.  I
would suggest uninstalling and reinstalling again if you haven't tried that
already.

But before you do that, if you go in the Sage shell (e.g. via the shortcut
titled "SageMath 8.1 Shell") and run

ls -l /opt/sagemath-8.1/local/bin/cygSingular-*.dll

what does it find?

Best,
Erik