I've built from source to get a performance boost (I hope) and I'd like to
know when I should use the different levels of `make ****clean`.  In the
top-level make file I see, "misc-clean, bdist-clean, clean, distclean,
build-clean, bootstrap-clean, maintainer-clean, sagelib-clean" as either
targets or dependencies of targets.

For example, on a drive-space challenged system, which `clean` target will
... 1) delete everything but leave sage fully functionally?  ...or perhaps,
...  2) delete everything but leave enough for a "fairly quick" re-build if
desired?

Is there a "make clean guide" for those who don't know the entire sage
build tree/process/etc.?