Hi I was working on adding a fix for this but:

The current implementation of numerical_approx has

        x = x = x._convert(kwds)

        if is_a_numeric(x._gobj):
            res = py_object_from_numeric(x._gobj)
        elif  is_a_constant(x._gobj):
            res = x.pyobject()
        else:
            raise TypeError("cannot evaluate symbolic expression numerically")

If x is a n number with units (example in ticket) then it would go to the
else block, So can you suggest a check for expression which are numbers
attached with units?