On Tue, Dec 4, 2018 at 1:47 PM Daniel Krenn <kr...@aon.at> wrote:

> For integrating a polynomial over a polyhedron LattE is used but if the
> dimension is not full, then it is not implemented, see
>
>     sage: x, y = polygens(QQ, 'x, y')
>     sage: P = Polyhedron(vertices=[[0,0],[1,1]])
>     sage: P.integrate(x*y)    # optional - latte_int
>     NotImplementedError: The polytope must be full-dimensional.
>
> from
>
> http://doc.sagemath.org/html/en/reference/discrete_geometry/sage/geometry/polyhedron/base.html#sage.geometry.polyhedron.base.Polyhedron_base.integrate
>
> I wonder if there is a (simple) way to come around this?
>
> [I might not be that familiar with integration over polyhedra, but
> shouldn't that basically be a somehow "nice" transformation where some
> Jacobi-determinant comes into play?

you need an orthonormal transformation, thus potentially square roots,
if you just want to move over to
P.affine_hull() and integrate there.

But the restriction to full-dimensional isn't really hard to overcome
with a generalisation of the method
in LattE, and I see how to do this, I think.
If anyone cares I could implement this.