Hi Marc,

On 2018-12-08, Marc Mezzarobba <m...@mezzarobba.net> wrote:
> In Sage itself, CFiniteSequence.closed_form() should be able to solve
> linear recurrence with constant coefficients.

Thank you!
Indeed, after changing my search keyword from resursive to reccurrence,
CFiniteSequence seemed to be the most helpful answer in Sage. What about
a more complicated recurrence, such as the one given by
   x_(n+1) = 1 + x_n*2/n
Any chances to solve those and similar recurrences automatically?

My original hope was that some capability to solve a symbolic recurrence
is standard in Sage; after all, symbolic sums *can* to some extent be
computed in Sage:
  sage: var('k', domain='integer')
  sage: sum(x^k*(k+1)/(k+2), k,0,Infinity)
  (x*(log(-x + 1) - 1) - log(-x + 1))/(x^3 - x^2)

Best regards,
Simon