On Tue, Dec 10, 2019 at 12:56:45PM -0600, Thomas McMillan wrote:
> Thanks, Richard. I’m currently running Sage from a terminal with the option
> of opening a notebook. It works reasonably well. The app version kept taking
> too long to get started.

One reason for slowness might be one of these
quarantine/antivirus/malware/etc settings on MacOS that might make all
the app files being "verified" on statup.

"proper apps", from MacOS point of view, must be signed/come
from App Store, while the rest are subjected to these checks.

So one might try to play with these settings.

HTH
Dima